We have already had some great topic proposals submitted to be on the program at Agile Australia 2012, and have started some interesting discussions in the comments section.
Don’t forget that if you are the author of a proposal, while it’s a great idea to respond to your comments, it’s more important to UPDATE your proposal based on the feedback. In the end, it’s your proposal that the conference advisors will be reviewing, not the comments section. So please be sure that any extra info, different points of view, or clarifications requested in the comments section goes into your proposal!
We are also making it easier for you to know what we’re looking for by giving you a detailed blurb on each Umbrella, and a few suggested topics we want included in the program.
Just so there’s no confusion, we are using the terms ‘Umbrella’ and ‘Stream’ interchangeably.
Conference advisor Phil Abernathy is chairing the Agile Project Management stream, and he has kindly drafted our first Umbrella blurb:
Agile Project Management
As Agile spreads across both business and IT projects, the challenge becomes how best to govern and manage Agile projects. This stream will look at how Agile values, principles and practices can effectively improve project governance and management, thus reducing the risk of delivery failure and delivering business value faster. It will also look at what, if any, changes need to be made to traditional governance and management practices to help govern and lead Agile projects. This stream will also look at contracts and procurements in an Agile environment, Agile governance, Agile PMO, Agile project management and Agile iteration or scrum management.
This stream is looking for submissions on the following topics:
- What is the role and skills of the Project and Iteration manager in an Agile environment and how is it different from a traditional project manager?
- What is the most effective way to lead an Agile project?
- What questions should a steering committee ask in order to best steer an Agile project? How does a steering committee identify problems and what are the best fixes?
- How can portfolio management and funnel management be performed using Agile principles and practices? How does one choose the ‘right work” and then do the “work right”?
- What is the role of the PMO (Project Management Office) and what is the best way to setup a PMO?
- How do you manage and lead an ultra large program of work using Agile?
- How does one create and structure a ‘fixed price’ contract in an Agile environment?
- How do you manage the performance of contractors, vendors and suppliers in an Agile environment?
- How can one build Agile capability into governance and project management?
- How do you setup an Agile project to succeed?
If you’ve got a case study, workshop, or talk that fits this brief, head over to our Speaker Proposals area to submit a proposal!
Looking forward to seeing your submissions,